Sunday 2 November 2008

Autumn Exchange

It is reveal day for the Stitch and Stash Autumn Exchange. Here is the gift I recieved. A wooden box topped with the sweetest little Quaker Hedgehog, and filled with lovely autumn coloured threads and buttons. The colour isn't very clear in the photo, but the hedgehog is stitched in a variegated thread in lovely soft apricot shades.


Unfortunately I don't know who to thank yet as partners names haven't been revealed, but if you are reading this, Thankyou, it is beautiful.


And here is the exchange I sent to Jane (no blog as far as I know). I adapted one of the Little House Needleworks fruit pack designs, and made it into a pinkeep trimmed with some vintage braid. The original design said "Acorns" and was quite wintry looking, so I changed the text to "Autumn" and turned the snow into grass. I also replaced some of the stitched leaves with leaf buttons, and look! What a small world! I recieved some of the self same buttons in my gift so they are already replaced in my stash :)

10 comments:

Mylene said...

That's a great exchanges both sent and received.

Daffycat said...

Wonderful exchanges! Great minds think alike, right?

Love that squirrel too!

jane said...

thanks again Christine I love the pinkeep

Julie said...

Lovely exchanges

Karen said...

lovely exchange gifts

Sally said...

They are both gorgeous Christine.

Stitchingranny said...

2 lovely projects there Christine.

Karan said...

Lovely exchanges both sent & received. :0)

Elisa said...

Love both the exchange peices...fabulous....

Anonymous said...

wondeful exchanges, love the pinkeep, great use of the buttons