Friday 23 September 2011

A stash happy post

I haven't done too much stitching the last few weeks, in fact I was beginning to think about filing a missing persons report for my mojo, but my inner squirrel has been merrily aquiring stash ready for the winter, and every post seems to bring more exciting goodies.
Exciting postal delivery #1
A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to win a gift certifciate on Missy's blog. The certificate was for Down Sunshine Lane, a shop I'd never used before, but will definitely be using again, they have a great range of stock, and fast and friendly service. Here are some of the goodies I got :-
Live Laugh Love by La D Da. I'm not normally a huge fan of quaker style designs, but this one definitely called to me.
A huge bundle of threads, the ones pulled to the left are for the La D Da.
And a couple of round finishing forms. I Haven't ever tried these before but I figure it's got to be easier/neater than messing around with cardboard circles, and they will come in handy with...

Exciting postal delivery #2
The 2011 JCS Ornament Edition. The only problem is deciding which ones to stitch first. Its nearly October already you know.
And on the subject of stitching for Christmas...
Exciting postal delivery #3
Fa la la la Felt
If anyone heard me squealing out loud with delight recently, this book is entirely the reason why.
Here are just a couple of my favourite projects from it:


11 comments:

cucki said...

happy Friday dear:) very lovely stash..i love it..
the mag sound and looking so lovely too..
have fun dear and keep well xx

Mouse said...

oooooo very nice stash haul and love the mag too ... happy stitching will come back soon :) love mouse xxxx

trillium said...

My book club has that fa-La-La felt. I've been thinking of getting it, and I guess I will now that I see you endorse it. Cute designs!

Sally said...

Very nice new stash Christine. I'm looking forward to getting the JCS mag:)

Linda said...

There is nothing as good as stash enhancements. Well, maybe there is but . . .
Have you guessed who's ornie is on the cover of JCS Ornament? Guess who finished it.

Patty C. said...

The La-D-Da pattern is lovely - I can't wait to see your finish ;)

Julie said...

Nice stash, going to be exciting to see what you make from the book.

Happy stitching and felting!

Barb said...

So satisfying Christine to get a postal delivery of stash not bills!
What nice stash too, I had my Ornie mag come from DSL a few days ago, argh so many too choose from last count was 11 so watch out for the monthly ornie I might actually catch up with 12 for this year!
Like the look of the felties too , you are getting to be quite the enabler .Enjoy!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

LOL at least you still have the urge to shop!!!

Mylene said...

Great goodies especially the La-D-DA pattern. The ornament mag. received it this week too but kind of disappointed, probably about 3 that i would like to stitch from it.

Hazel said...

Oh my! It just shows you how long it has been since I blogged! Gorgeous stash and DSL Amy is great to deal with. Very communicative. Ooooh I like the look of that felt mag/book. Good stuff. x