Monday 11 February 2013

A Small Ornament Finish

You know how it is when you read the JCS Ornament Edition. Some of the designs go straight onto your "must stitch" list, some your brain files away for possible future reference, and some you just go "Meh" but then you see them later stitched up on someone else's blog and it's like you're looking at them for the first time?
Well I was reading Dani's blog a couple of weeks back and I had just one of those epiphany moments. Wow! What was this wonderful ornament design? Surely not one from the 2012 Ornie Edition? But it was, and it was stunning.
OK Peace Pin Button by Jeanette Douglas. Move directly to the top of the stitching rotation. Do not pass Go. Do not collect £200.
And here is my version. It's a tiny little thing so I made it a bit more flamboyant by adding a fabric yo yo made from turquoise organza to the back. DH says it looks like a prize rosette from a sports day but what does he know? (I'm in no position to contradict him since I never won a prize rosette at sports day)

14 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Spectacualr!!!!

Linda said...

I have been in very serious lurkdom for more than two weeks. This ornament is gorgeous and I really like the organza yo-yo.

Gillie said...

Me neither but it looks lovely. I think you have to forget how the designer finished it if it is a meh one and I have been surprised by a totally different one!

Kerryp77 said...

That's really lovely and a superb way to finish it off.

Mouse said...

ohhhh I can see why you had to stitch it ... I saw it on Dani's blog the other day and its soooo cute and love how you have finished it and it does look like a prize rosette and it is worthy of one too :) love mouse xxxxx

Anne said...

Hello, my Dear! Love this! I've come to you from The "Grow Your Blog" party...it was over before I knew about it, but it was so nice of Vicki to leave the list up! Anyway, I always welcome new blogs to enjoy, and yours is delightful! I am now following you ~ please come and visit me if you get a chance!
So nice to "meet" you!
Hugs,
Anne

Kate said...

Brilliant finish Christine, love the yo-yo

sharon said...

Very pretty, and I love the sentiment! Sent your package off on Friday, I had jury duty last week, so it should be there soon!

Mylene said...

Oh i love it! So neatly finish!
I agree with you about some designs especially last 2011 issue...i was so disappointed after a brief look at all the pages, seen only one that i wanted to stitch but later after seeing a few completed by others on a different way it gives more inspiration to get back at the mag.

Carol said...

What a sweet finish, Christine! That was one that I overlooked myself--will definitely go back and give it another look :)

Julie said...

First prize goes to Christine.... you would win a first with lots of things you make! This ones super.

Katherine said...

Well, you're a winner now! Stitching IS an athletic sport, by the way - the activity keeps arthritis away; I read it on someone else's blog.

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I never won a rosette either. Or a badge. Not even a sticker for taking part like they get now.

I think the magazines should let bloggers stitch the models and have a whole page of different finishes.