Sunday 7 July 2013

A Prom Princess, a Pair of Presents and a Poodle Project

How's that for an alliterative post title?
As promised here are some pictures of Naomi in her prom outfit. I think she looked beautiful, but I am biased.

The "pair of presents" ? I took part in the annual VSCyberstitchers exchange, here is the wonderful selection of Christmas in July gifts I received from Nancy (no blog that I'm aware of), a Just Nan pinball tin, the most adorable little needlefelted acorn, and a wonderful stitched needlepouch, in an Elizabethan looking design, containing three turned wooden containers of needles. Thank you Nancy, it's gorgeous.
This is the one I sent out. I can't say to whom yet as it hasn't reached it's destination. The design is by The Little Stitcher and was the Needlecraft Haven monthly challenge piece for May. I used a Kreinik braid for the ruby slippers and it was a little bugger to stitch with, but I'm quite pleased with the effect. I made it up into a pincushion and made a ruby slipper charm for the scissors.

And finally the "poodle project". The pattern is Simplicity 2886 and the cute poodle fabric was from EvilBay Not sure why it looks pink and navy in the photo, it is scarlet and black in real life. It sewed up really nicely, and is a lovely fit in the bodice, though with hindsight I'd have cut the skirt a bit longer than the pattern as it just knee length, which is shorter than I'd normally wear, and maybe altered the construction of the bodice lining to encase the waistband seam. I've got an old silk sari in my stash and I'm thinking of making it up again using that. I might make up the other view too, with the narrow straps, it's nice to make something for myself now and again.

12 comments:

cucki said...

wow she is looking so pretty..
sweet finishes and stitches..
lots of love for you x

Carol said...

Oh, your daughter is so lovely in her prom outfit. Still amazed that you created the entire outfit for her, Christine (minus the shoes--or did you make those, too?). I hope she had a delightful evening!

Gillie said...

Of course she is gorgeous, in part because of her clever Mama! Love your gift too. Great dress though extraordinary how the colour changes in photographs.

Barb said...

Oh wow a gorgeous red head there in a beautiful red dress. Love the gifts you received Christine and the ones you sent.

stitchersanon said...

Wow, I love the outfit: there is a girl with attitude! Very glam!

Love the stitching, very nice.

Cathy said...

Lovely outfit on a beautiful girl! You are so talented!
Cathy
CraftyCat

Julie said...

Naomi looks fabulous, I bet she was dancing with the guys all evening.
Gorgeous exchange!

Mouse said...

ohhh wow the prom dress is fab and the hat is just perfect .... suits it better than the tiara me thinks ... fab gifties you got too and strange colour change on that dress too ... anything near it that could have thrown the colour off ??? love mouse xxxxx

Sally said...

Oh wow Naomi looks fantastic! Her whole outfit is just perfect.


Lovely exchanges both sent and received.

Kate said...

Naomi looks stunning in her prom outfit.
Lovely gifts both sent & received. Cute dress.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your daughter looks amazing, the dress is stunning as is her hair.

There's definitely a red theme going on here today with the stitching too.

Anonymous said...

She looks beautiful and what a gorgeous dress!