They used to be some old pairs of jeans and a coffee sack. Now they are a set of handy organiser pockets and a couple of baskets.
this tutorial, except that I got David to stretch the hessian over a canvas frame rather than a chunk of wood as in the tutorial.
this one. The one on the right is lined with a piece from a vintage pillowcase, the one on the left I cheated a bit because that pair of jeans already had the ditsy print turn-up so I just used that and didn't line it.
I must say thank you to Anna at StitchBitch as well, as she posted a round up of upcycled denim projects yesterday which was where I found the two tutorials I used.
Oh and pop over to The Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe where Nancy is having another of her wonderful giveaways. Knock three times and tell them Christine sent you...