Thursday 10 July 2014

An Exchange on it's Way

I've just finished my piece for the VSCyberstitchers July Exchange. This exchange is a little different from many others in that we can show pictures of the piece we are sending in advance, we just can't say to whom we are sending it.
Anyway my mystery recipient will be receiving this little thread roll (or I suppose she could use it as a small jewellery roll instead if she wanted).
Outside

Inside

Rolled Up

It's stitched with Victorian Motto Sampler Threads on a piece of Crafty Kitten fabric (I think, I've mislaid the bag I took it out of). The lining is made from offcuts of silk dupion, with mother of pearl thread rings. I was really lucky to find the embroidered piece of dupion, I think it matches the colours and theme of the stitching. rather nicely.
The quote is from "A Winter's Tale", design by me.
I hope she likes it.


18 comments:

Julie said...

WOW .... that is stunning ... are you sending to me?? eerrr no thought not lol.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing! I know I would be a happy recipient of that!

Wendy said...

such lovely stitching. I really like the way you used the hearts as a place to hang the threads, that's really clever. I have to say though, the mention of A Winter's Tale sent a shiver down my spine. We had to study it for A level English and I didn't enjoy a single second of it!

Charge Send said...

This is outstanding and enough to make me wish that I'd signed up for JEG this year.

Heritage Hall said...

The dupioni is exquisite and the colors perfection...Want my address?

Terri said...

If the intended recipient doesn't want it, you could always send it to me! :-)

It's gorgeous!!

Linda said...

This is fabulous. I know that she will love it to pieces. It has her colors. But, and I am only saying "But", you can always sent it to me first for approval

cucki said...

wow it so beautiful..
big hugs x

cucki said...

wow it so beautiful..
big hugs x

dixiesamplar said...

Beautiful!!

DebbieSFL said...

Gorgeous!!

geeky Heather said...

Oh my, that is just beautiful!! I love the way you pulled in motifs from the lining!

Beth said...

What a beautiful exchange. I could never bear to give it away. The backing fabric you used is just perfect.

Penny said...

Very pretty! You did such lovely work! Someone is going to be very happy. :)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's beautiful. I'm envious

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a real work of art, lovely. I love the way you have used the lining fabric as inspiration for the flowers.

I am quite envious of the recipient!

Sally said...

Oooh Christine that is beautiful! I am green with envy!

Are you selling the chart please?! With finishing instructions? Hehe

Marcy said...

Beautiful! She will love it!