Wednesday 20 August 2014

Showtime and Sharp Objects

I thought you might like to see some photos from the village horticultural show last Saturday. No, I didn't grow any of these fabulous veggies, but I am show secretary so that must count for something right?






As for the sharp objects, I treated myself to the beginners paper cutting kit from the lovely Paper Panda. Oh dear, I needed a new obsession hobby like I needed a hole in the head. Looks like I found one anyway.
I made these two cuts using templates from the starter kit. I even ended up with the same number of fingers as I started out with.


Yes that is a tea ring on the birdy one. The only reason the culprit is still breathing is because I don't actually know which one of them it was...
Anyway, all inspired by doing those I made one of my own.

Words by Page and Plant, cutting by Christine.
The tiny butterflies are a conscious design choice and by no means intended to disguise small mistakes in the cutting.
Off now to cut up some more stuff.

12 comments:

Wendy said...

oh wow, your papercuts are great! I love the one you designed yourself, lovely sentiment.

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I've been following the Paper Panda for a little while now. Remember the tiny mice? I have managed to resist starting paper cutting so far. I don't think scalpels and the Small Boy are a good mix somehow LOL

Your's look great though.

Annie said...

Such perfect vegetables! Too pretty to eat.

So you cut those patterns with a craft knife and a template? That looks very difficult. Is it as hard as it looks? They came out so beautiful!

Hazel said...

The paper cutting is lovely. So pretty. X

Julie said...

Lots of great produce you had on show, looks a great success. Hope our is as good in 4 weeks. Did you or the girls win anything this year??

Oh WOW.... paper cutting is amazing, not sure I would have a steady enough hand, or the patience. Love the map one, that is spectacular. I bet your creative juices are flowing with lots of wonderful ideas for new things with that.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that paper cutting is wonderful!!!

Carol said...

Oh, your paper cutting is amazing, Christine!! Guess you have to have a very steady hand for that art :)

Love the vegetables--all so perfect looking!

Sally said...

Love your paper cutting Christine especially the birdy :)

Those veggies all look so yummy.

Linda said...

Gorgeous, yummy looking veggies. Our veggies and fruit are a little slow because our spring was a little late coming this year. I just hope we have a long, warm autumn. Your paper cutting is fantastic. I love it.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Love the village show pictures. As for your paper cutting ... your design is brilliant.

Mylene said...

Thoses veggies looks so yummy!
Paper cutting looks so neat!! Great job!!