Sunday 12 October 2014

Playing With Knives

I've been cutting things up again.
First to feel the wrath of my blade (yep, I've been reading WAY too many fantasy novels) was a big pile of worn out denims.
Naomi came in the other day and said "You know those jeans I gave you that were too tight, well I've lost weight and I think they'd fit now"
Too late babe, they're a handbag...


Pattern from Indygo Junction here, outer bag from old denims (including one slightly undersized pair of size 8 skinnies, thanks Naomi), lining and pockets from a vintage pillowcase, handles from U Handbag.
I love how this has come out and I can see several variations in the future.
After that I decided to slice up some paper, this is my own design, though not, of course, my own words.


I love that song. Hard to get it to show in the picture but the little diamonds (which were a swine to cut!) are infilled with silver metallic paper and the whole thing is backed with holographic blue card.

10 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice bag. I have been saving the Small Boy's jeans in the hope of doing something crafty with them. But I have to accept I never will!

Love the paper cutting, a great new hobby. Wilkinsons sell cheap box frames if you need them.

rosey175 said...

I'm starting to accumulate a pile of old jeans too. No idea what they'll become in the (far) future but I do like denim bags....

Papercutting looks amazing!

Annie said...

What a clever idea to use the jeans that way. That's a really nice design and useful bag.

Your paper cutting is so cool! If I didn't think I cut myself more than the paper, I'd consider trying it.

cucki said...

Wow it's a a great idea and looking lovely xx

Julie said...

Another 'Christine's clever creation' - I guess Naomi could wear the bag instead of the jeans....oh dear now that sounds wrong doesn't it lol.

Carol said...

What a fantastic idea, Christine, and I truly love the way the bag turned out :) Wonderful paper cutting once again!

Mylene said...

WOW..you are very creative. Turned out great, love it!

Sally said...

Ooh very clever bag.

Love the paper cutting. Are you sure you're safe though! Lol.

Linda said...

Clever bag - Would Naomi like the bag in place of the Jeans?
Impressive knife work - Would it or something specifically for a particular wedding be a possibility?

Kate said...

Love the bag!